Before preparing your conference proceedings paper please carefully read the instructions included in the documents linked below:
Instructions for the Preparation of Papers for CIE Proceedings
Guidelines for Notation to be used in CIE Publications
CIE Template for Preparation of Papers for CIE Proceedings
CIE Copyright Agreement for Proceedings
IMPORTANT NOTE: Your full paper has to be submitted through the online submission system, which will open in mid-2023. Other ways of submitting your paper will not be accepted.
If you have any questions about preparing your full paper then please contact us at email@example.com
August 1, 2023 - Registration at CIE 2023
July 31, 2023 - Submission of your full paper for the conference proceedings
Guidelines for Oral and Poster Presentations (provided in June 2023)
Open Access for CIE Conference Papers
- Upon the request of authors individual papers, as submitted to Central Bureau for inclusion in the conference proceedings, can be made open access.
The request for open acess shall be made when completing the Copyright Agreement Form.
- There will be a paper handling charge for each individual paper to be made open access - this charge is €200.00.
Should payment for this not be received by the start date of CIE 2023 then the open access request will be rescinded.
- The open access fee is in addition to the registration fee for the conference.
Invoices for open access will be issued by the CIE Central Bureau and not the host for CIE 2023.
- Open access shall be requested at the time the copyright agreement form is completed.
- CIE will still hold copyright of the papers.
- Open access papers will be available online within the CIE Website.
- Open access papers will be available for authors to be uploaded to the databases of their academic institutions, organizations or personal databases. Such uploading and further citation shall be made with full reference to the CIE conference and the URL of the page on the CIE website where the paper can be found.
- There is an embargo period of 18 months, from the publication date of the full conference proceedings, for the upload of open access papers to public online databases or platforms (for example ResearchGate or GoogleScholar). Authors may upload a copy of the abstract of their paper and shall include the DOI of their full paper.
- Should requests be made for the republication of individual papers in scientific journals, magazines or on other websites, then permission should still be sought from CIE Central Bureau, this is to ensure that CIE can determine the impact of the open access and to ensure proper referencing is given to CIE.
- Open access papers will still be included in the collection of papers contained in the conference proceedings. The conference proceedings, as a complete collection, will be available for purchase from the CIE Webshop.